D-Link DES-1210-08P 8-Port Smart Fast Ethernet PoE Switch w/ 8x PoE Ports (72W)
This D-Link DES-1210-08P is the latest 8-Port PoE switch in the D-Link Fast Ethernet Smart series. Equipped with 8 Fast Ethernet ports, this D-Link DES-1210-08P switch integrates the features of the Smart series with PoE functionality, and, with an easy to use web interface and eco-friendly design, it helps customers to quickly and easily deploy their networks, saving energy and money.
• Easy to use, intuitive GUI that doesn’t require highly-trained IT staff
• VLAN support helps to increase network performance
• Access Control List (ACL) to improve security and confidentiality of network traffic
• AutoVoice VLAN helps segment and prioritise your telephony traffic from other data on your LAN
• AutoSurveillance VLAN helps segment and prioritise your IP surveillance traffic from other data in your LAN
• The Quality of Service (QoS) and Bandwidth Control features avoid bottlenecks and traffic delay
• Wiring problems can be easily troubleshot with the Cable Diagnostics function
• Network downtime can be minimised with loopback detection and broadcast storm control
• Improved reliability and fanless design for silent operation
This D-Link DES-1210-08P switch is the ideal solution as an advanced edge switch for SMB and enterprise networks. The Asymmetric VLAN support will provide access to shared resources such as servers or the Internet, without complicated VLAN configurations. Additionally, the innovative AutoVoice and AutoSurveillance VLAN features allow for easy integration of 3rd party IP phones and network cameras, placing traffic from these devices in separate VLANs.
Advanced Power over Ethernet features
This D-Link DES-1210-08P switch complies with the 802.3af PoE standard. This gives you extra flexibility at deploying appliances such as wireless Access Points, IP cameras and VoIP phones in your network, even in mix vendor environments. For added flexibility and power-saving, this D-Link DES-1210-08P switch integrates the new Time-Based PoE feature, which turns off the power when it is not needed, for example, at nights or during the weekends. This means that PoE-powered devices which otherwise would be always on, can be switched off centrally, saving power and money.